Latest Instagrams
Tuesday 25 July 2017

I've Graduated!! Now what?



Four of the fastest years of my life! And now it’s all over…

A few weeks ago now, I graduated with a 2:1 in English Literature and Creative Writing. I have to say there have been some stressful moments, (like my computer crashing and my essay didn’t autosave sob) but it really is one of the best things I have ever done.

When I finished college, I was in two minds about going to University, because no-one in my family had been before, I didn’t know what to expect, what the procedures were etc. etc. I did apply to go to Huddersfield and decided to commute there which I soon discovered was a mistake. I didn’t like the journey and I just wasn't motivated or interested to go at all. I had a year working full time when I decided to bite the bullet and go, and this time, even though I was only going to university in Manchester, I decided to move out.

I loved living in town, being so central and being able to access everything so easily, I really do miss it! As I only lived there during my first year of university. If I was to give advice to anyone deciding whether or not to go to uni, or move out - to just do it! You’ll have an amazing time and meet friends for life! It is something I wish I took advantage of looking back. Nonetheless, I still had an amazing time at man met, and met some amazing friends that I will be friends with forever. (Only mate, Ayesha.)


Graduation day was one of the most surreal days, I felt upset that it was over, relief, nervous, everything rolled into one! I had such an amazing day and will definitely remember it forever. As I was sat, clapping for an hour and a half at everyone going on to the stage, all I could think about is; what do I do now then?

I had all these expectations running through my mind, to have landed an amazing job by the time I graduate. I know something will come in time, but I just need to know when. I read a really interesting article that literally summed up the way I felt online here, and I know many, many of my other peers feel this way too.

I had already started my job search and researched into whether I should do my masters (which again, I am still in two minds over!) The feeling of not knowing what to do next makes me nervous. I would adore to use my degree to its fullest and get into writing, as that is what I’ve done for the past 4 years and loved it! Ever since I was young, I loved to write and dreamed of being the next Jaqueline Wilson (a gal can dream) and I would adore to carry on my passion in my career!

So as my job search continues and I still ponder whether to carry on at university and do my masters, I am looking for my next challenge and my main goal - to be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins