Latest Instagrams
Friday 11 August 2017

The One Where We Went To Friends Fest

I am a huge, huge Friends fan and when I saw that Friends Fest was coming to Heaton Park I thought I couldn’t BE any more excited. (Sorry, not sorry.)

I signed up on the mailing list over a year ago and received an email in work to say I was eligible for pre-sale, which we then snapped two tickets up.

I didn’t really know what to expect when we got to Friend’s Fest on Friday Morning. I knew that they had replicas of the sets and a Central Perk, but I didn’t realise it would have the festival vibes it did, the mud helped with this too.

My favourite part was exploring the sets and real memorabilia from the show, such as Ross’ leather trousers, Rachel’s letter to Ross (18 PAGES FRONT AND BACK) and Science Boy. The atmosphere was lovely too, just hearing everyone quoting and being silly, it was such a nice day out and I am so happy that we had the opportunity to go. Growing up with the show it was so amazing to see the sets in real life and I would love to live in Rachel’s and Monica’s flat…but who wouldn’t?



Complete with a little cocktail tent and stage which were showing some Friends best bits, the set up was not really what I expected, it was better! We explored the sets and Central Perk, where there was a Phoebe tribute act who got everyone singing ‘Happy Honokaa Monica’ and of course, Smelly Cat. Sitting on deck chairs watching some Friend’s clips with a hot chocolate, was the best way to spend a (wet) Friday morning and I would recommend any Friend’s fan to go when the festival tours again.



So after writing this and looking through my pictures, guess what is going on my tele next…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins